Answers to FAQs For Online Registration Customers
- Q: How do I create my Customer Account?
- A: Before registering for any programs or reserving a shelter/gazebo* on our website, you must establish a Customer Account.
(*Please note: A customer account is defined as an individual/family. A reservation paid by an organization/company must be made in person.)
How to create an online Customer Account:
1) Click on the Create Account button.
2) Fill out the form for New Account Creation completely, including all required fields (Birth date, Gender, Email Address, etc.) and click submit. Enter Apt or Unit on the 2nd address line and enter "Henrico" instead of "Richmond as the city if you are a Henrico resident. Please submit your request only once.
*Please Note: If you are registering a child for a program, please use your own information when filling out the online Customer Account request form, NOT the information of the child. Once you have an online Customer Account, you will have the opportunity to add family members.
3) You will automatically receive confirmation after creating your account. "Thank you! Your request for a new Customer Account has been successfully transmitted."
- Q: How many Customer Accounts should each family have?
- A: We recommend that each family establish one primary account with login credentials. Create the Customer Account in the name of a head of household (Adult/Parent/Legal Guardian) and then add all family member names (see next question).
- Q: How do I add family members to my account?
- A: There are three ways to add family members:
1) You may add a family member while submitting your head of household account information, by clicking on the "Submit and Add Family Member" link.
2) You may add a family member during the enrollment process. This is done by clicking on the link "Add Family Member" which is located beside the Participant box.
3) You may also add a family member under "My Account" by selecting "Add/Modify Family Members" under the "Personal Information" section.
- Q: Can I register a child/person from another family?
- A: Due to the confidentiality of Login ID and legal liability, the main contact of the Customer Account (that the child is a member of), should be the Parent/Legal Guardian, who is responsible for registering the child. Account members must be part of the same immediate family and all financially responsible to the main Customer Account contact. Friends or relatives without internet access can register by mail or in person.
- Q: What if I forgot my email address (login) and password?
- A: Call 501-7275 during business hours (Mon-Fri, 8am-4:30pm)
- Q: What should I do if I forget my password?
- A: When you are prompted to sign in, click the "Forgotten?" link. You will be requested to provide the email address you used to create your account. Upon submission, an email will be sent to you containing a temporary password. After signing in, you will be prompted to change your password.
If after completing this procedure you are still experiencing difficulties, please contact our office during regular business hours and a member of our staff will assist you.
*Please DO NOT create another Customer Account.
- Q: What should I do if I have a new email or want to change my email address?
- A: Log on to your Customer account with original email and password, then click on "My Account" at the top of screen.
Select "Change Personal Information" under "Personal Information includes" header. Go to the "Contact Information" section to change your email address.
*Please note: To change your password, return to "My Account" and select "Change Your Password."
- Q: What should I do if my address changes?
- A: Log on to your Customer account, then click on to "My Account" at the top of screen. Select "Change Personal Information" under the Personal Information section. Delete old address and enter new address.
*Please note: Enter your Apt or Unit on the 2nd line of the address
- Q: How do I correct the Date of Birth for my child?
- A: Please send a request by email to email@example.com
- Q: Why am I being charged a processing fee?
- A: A processing fee, up to $3.00, is applied to all online receipts and is charged by our service provider, The Active Network, Inc. This fee is non-refundable.
*Please note: To avoid multiple processing fees, we suggest you complete as many of your family's program enrollments on one receipt.
To avoid multiple processing fees we suggest that you complete as many of your family?s program enrollments on one receipt.
- Q: Is the processing fee refundable?
- A: No, this is a non-refundable fee.
- Q: Can I view programs without registering?
- A: You can always browse through the programs without registering. Click "View Programs" button and look at all the programs that are offered.
- Q: What is your program registration refund policy?
- A: Refund requests must be made in writing and received ten working days prior to program start date. All refunds are paid by check.
(Shelter refund policy is listed below)
- Q: How do I register for a program?
- A: Once your account has been established, registering for a program is easy:
1) Click the "Register for Programs" button or enter a keyword in the "Search for Programs by Keyword(s)" box on the home page.
2) Scroll down to find the Name of the program that you would like to enroll. For a detailed class description, click on the program name.
3) Click the "Add to Cart" button to register for the program.
4) If you haven't already done so, you will be prompted to sign in to your online Customer Account by entering your Login Name and Password.
5)Select the name of the program participant and click the Next button.
6)If prompted, answer the Program Questions and click Next.
7)Click on Proceed to Shopping Cart (unless you are registering another participant or registering for an additional class).
8) Confirm your program name, date and time, participant(s) and price. From this screen, you may also remove programs from your cart or view more programs and add them to your cart.
9) Click "Proceed to Checkout" to proceed with payment (if needed).
10)On the Review Waivers page, read the waiver, enter your initials showing you consent to the waiver and click Next. *Please note: If you are enrolling an additional participant that is 18+, click on the Attachment link to download and print the liability waiver. You must have that participant sign and return the form to the address listed.
11)If there is a program fee, you will be prompted to enter your credit card information on the secure Payment Information page. The system accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. *Please Note: Your online account name and address must match those on file with your credit card company. To update your account, click on the My Account link at the top of the page and then the Change Personal Information link.
12) Once your payment has been approved, you will receive an email receipt to view or print for your records.
- Q: What will happen if I try to register for a program that is full?
- A: Your name will be placed on a waiting list. If a space opens, you will be contacted no later than 48 hours in advance, and payment must be made within 24 hours. If we are unable to contact you (or you do not respond within 24 hours), your space will be given to the next customer on the waiting list.
If you do not want to be placed on the waiting list, click the Remove button that appears on the Shopping Cart screen.
*Please Note: You cannot register for one Summer Blast location and also be placed on the waiting list for a second location (for the same session).
Placement on a waiting list does not guarantee a spot in the program. It is recommended for guaranteed participation, that you choose another program with registration space available.
- Q: How can I view a schedule of my family's upcoming programs?
- A: The "My Account" feature allows you to view a weekly schedule of your family's upcoming programs.
Sign into your account and click on the "My Account" link. Then click on the "Show Your Daily Schedule" link. Highlight the family members whose schedules you would like to view and click on the top arrow button to move family members over to the Selected Family Members column. Click on Search to proceed.
A weekly or monthly schedule will display all of the upcoming programs your family members have been enrolled in and allow you to click on the program for more information. An iCalendar export is also available and can be used with most online calendar programs.
Summer Blast note: A child is enrolled only in the camp(s) where a location is displayed.
- Q: Can I view my transaction history and print out my past receipts?
- A: You can view your transaction history and print your receipts once your Customer Account with login credentials has been established. To access this information, please click on the "My Account" link (located at the top right-hand corner of your screen).
To view prior transactions, select "Get a List of Prior Transactions" link.
To view past receipts, select "Get a List of Prior Payments" link. (Click on the receipt number to view and print each individual receipt.)