• Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to FAQs For Online Registration Customers

What if I need to withdraw from an activity I signed up for?
A: A request for refund or credit must be received in writing at least five business days prior to the start of any activity or event. (Email is an acceptable form of a written request: recreation@tigard-or.gov). Any person who registers for an activity through Tigard Parks & Rec ActiveNet, may request a refund five business days or more before the start date of that activity. A service charge of up to 15 percent, but not to exceed $25 dollars, will be applied. There will be no refunds or partial refunds for classes missed for any reason such as vacations or scheduling conflicts.
How many accounts should each family have?
A: We recommend that each family establish one account. Create the account in the name of a Head of Household and then add all family member names to the account after it is established (see next question).
What do I do if I forgot my password?
A: On the ActiveNet login page, enter your Login name. Then check the 'Forgot your Password' box and click continue. You will advance to the custom security question you created when establishing your account. If, after reviewing your custom security question you do not recall your password, or if your password is not valid, please contact our office during normal business hours and a member of our staff will assist you.
Can I view my transaction history and print out my past receipts online?
A: Yes, from the date on which your online account is established. The 'My Account' feature allows you to view a detailed list of your past transactions. Just login, click the 'My Account' button, and select the program(s) providing transaction history.
What if the activity I signed up for is cancelled?
A: Tigard Parks & Rec reserves the right to cancel programs due to low enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. A full refund or credit will be issued for any program or activity that is cancelled for any reason by Tigard Parks & Rec. Additionally, Tigard Parks & Rec reserves the right to change or combine programs without notice.
How much are the Park Reservation Fees?
A: Reservation fees are determined based on being a resident (address must be within the Tigard city limits to qualify for resident rates) or non-resident, includes the application fee and the specific shelter's hourly rate. Special Use Permit fees may also apply.

Application Fee:
Resident - $25.00
Non-resident - $50.00

Miscellaneous Fees That May Apply:
Rental Change - $15.00
Event Monitor - $15.00/hour


Picnic Shelter Rental:

Cook Park Shelter #2
Resident - $35.00/hour
Non Resident - $70.00/hour

Cook Park Shelters #1, #3, #4, Bishop/Scheckla Pavilion (gazebo), Dirksen Park Shelter and Summerlake Park Shelter:
Resident - $25.00/hour
Non Resident - $50.00/hour


Soccer/Ball Field Rentals:
Resident - $10.00/hour
Non-resident - $20.00/hour
Fields cannot be reserved online. Please call 503.718.2641 for more field rental information.

Alcohol Permit Fee - $25.00 assessed at time of reservation

Special Events
(Fun Runs, Walk-A-Thons, Tournaments, etc.)

Special Event Fee Based on Attendance (First three hours:
0 - 25 people is $25.00
26-100 people is $75.00
101 - 200 people is $175.00
201 - 500 people is $275.00
501 - 2000 people is $475.00
More than 2001 people is $1,000.00

Special Event Fee (Each Additional Hour):
0 - 25 people is $10.00
26 - 100 people is $25.00
101 - 200 people is $55.00
201 - 500 people is $90.00
501 - 2000 people is $155.00
More than 2001 people is $330.00

Deposit - May be required for some events to mitigate possible cleanup and/or damages. Not to exceed $400.00.
I have a Tigard address so I will qualify for the resident rates, right?
A: Not necessarily. To qualify for resident rates you must live within Tigard's city limits. If you do not know whether or not you live within the city limits, please call 503-718-2591. A reservation specialist will be able to assist you.
Do I have to make a reservation in order to use a shelter?
A: If park shelters are NOT reserved, they are available on a first come, first served basis. A reservation assures your exclusive use of the shelter. A reservation schedule will be posted at each shelter.
How far in advance can I reserve a shelter?
A: Reservations are accepted starting on the first business day in January (we are open Monday-Thursday, closed on Fridays) for the upcoming shelter rental period. This period is from the first Saturday in April through the last Sunday in September.
May I reserve a shelter by phone?
A: We do not accept phone reservations. You may make your reservation online, use our Park Shelter and Field Rental Application found on the city's website, http://www.tigard-or.gov/community/park_reservations.php, (please copy & paste URL into your address bar) and fax the completed application with payment to 503-684-2772, or email the completed application with payment to parkres@tigard-or.gov. You can also make your reservation in person at our office located at Public Works, 8777 S.W. Burnham Street, Tigard, Oregon 97223. Any mailed documents must be addressed: Public Works Department, Parks Division, 8777 SW Burnham St., Tigard, Oregon 97223.
How do I begin the online reservation process?
A: You must first establish an online account.
How do I know if my reservation has been made?
A: You will receive an emailed receipt when you have paid your reservation fees. Upon approval, you will receive an emailed permit. Please have your permit with you at the rental/event for verification. A reservation schedule will be posted at the shelter.
Is alcohol allowed?
A: Alcoholic beverages are permitted in most Tigard parks. However, alcohol is prohibited in all Downtown Tigard parks located within the Urban Renewal District including, but not limited to: Main Street Park, Liberty Park, Commercial Park, Fanno Creek Park and the Jim Griffith Memorial Skate Park.

If you reserve a shelter and you provide/serve alcohol to event participants you must pay an additional fee and furnish the city with a certificate of insurance that includes a host liquor liability endorsement.

If your guests bring their own beer or wine there is no additional fee or requirement for insurance.
Is smoking allowed?
A: All smoked materials--including cigarettes, cannabis products, cigars, and pipes--and e-cigarette products that emulate smoking are prohibited on all city park property, park facilities, and trails.
Can I provide a play structure, such as a bounce house or a dunk tank, in conjunction with my shelter reservation?
A: Play structures such as dunk tanks, rock climbing walls, mechanical bulls, inflatable pools, or play structures that participants climb in or on (e.g. bounce houses) are strictly prohibited at city facilities.
What if it rains?
A: No credit or refunds are made due to weather conditions.
What if I need to change the date or the time of my reservation?
A: If there is availability on the date or the time you would like to change to, you can call 503-718-2591 for a reservation specialist to make that change for you. A $15 change fee will apply.
What if I need to cancel my reservation?
A: Requests for credits or refunds must be received, in writing, 14 calendar days prior to the rental/event. All fees will be refunded with the exception of the non-refundable application fee.

If you cancel less than 14 calendar days of the rental/event there will be no refund.