Answers to FAQs For Online Registration Customers
- Q: Is your system secure?
- A: The City and County of San Francisco along with the Recreation & Parks Department has taken many steps to ensure the security of your transaction(s). On most popular browsers used today, you will see a padlock 'icon', located on the status bar at the bottom right side of the browser window when you're navigating in the system indicating that your transaction(s) and data are safe and secured. The sfRecOnline system employs 128-Bit encryption, the highest form of encryption generally available to the public and the City and County of San Francisco uses the latest in online payment security, as provided by SSL technology.
- Q: How do I create my Customer Account?
- A: Before registering for any activities on our website, you must establish a Customer Account with a Login Name and Password.
This is how you create an online registration account:
1) Click on the Request Account button.
2) Fill out the form for New Account Request completely, including all required fields,(Birth date, Gender, Email Address, etc.) and click submit. Please submit your request only once.
*Please Note: If you are registering a child for an activity, please use your own information when filling out the online registration account request form, NOT the information of the child you wish to register for an activity. Once you have an online registration account, you will have the opportunity to add family members.
3) You will automatically receive an email after submitting your request for an account. Your account will be activated only after you have responded by clicking on the link provided in the email.
- Q: Why do you want my email address?
- A: Your email address is a link between you and SFRPD. If you forget your Login ID and/or password, you can simply click on the I Forgot My Login ID & Password and you will immediately receive an email with both your Login ID and Password. In addition, we may send you important information via e-mail such as upcoming course registration events, venue changes, and/or special programming offers.
- Q: I get an "invalid login name or password" error when signing into my account.
- A: Invalid login name | You may have an invalid login name if:
- You haven't registered online for an activity for more than a year. It's likely that your account has been deactivated.
- Your email address was inputted incorrectly.
- The email address you used to create your account is different than the one you are using now.
If your account was deactivated or you re-entered the login information and it didn't fix the problem, create a new account by clicking Create an Account at the top right corner of the page.
Invalid password | If the password is invalid:
1. Click Forgot your Password?
2. Enter the email address you used to create your account
3. Click Submit and you will be sent an email with a temporary password
4. Sign into your account and then you will be prompted to change your password
If you are still experiencing difficulties, please call (415) 831-6800 for assistance.
Please do not create another customer account.
- Q: How do I change or update my account information?
- A: Login to your account and manage:
- Personal information (address and contact information)
- Add/edit family member/friends on your account
- Change your password
- Q: What should I do if my account is locked out?
- A: On your computer:
1. Click on Forget your password?. Resetting your password will unlock your account.
On your mobile device (e.g. smartphone or tablet):
1. Click on Forget your password? (The Forgot Password pop-up window for entering your email address is off to one side of my screen.)
2. Pinch and zoom out of the parent Login page to show the full, white Forgot Password pop- up box.
3. Type in your email address and click Submit. (You will be sent an email with a temporary password.)
4. Sign into your account and then you will be prompted to change your password.
- Q: What should I do if I forget my password?
- A: When you are prompted to sign in, check the Forgot your Password box and click Continue. You will be requested to provide the email address you used to create your account. After providing your email address, you will be requested to verify your identity by providing your first and last name as well as your date of birth. Upon submission, an email will be sent to you containing a temporary password. Upon signing in, you will be prompted to change your password.
If after completing this procedure you are still experiencing difficulties, please contact our office during regular business hours and a member of our staff will assist you.
*Please DO NOT create another Customer Account.
- Q: How many accounts should each family have?
- A: We recommend that each family establish a primary account with login credentials. Create the account in the name of a head of household and then add all family member names underneath the head of household after it has been established (see next question).
- Q: How do I add family members to my account?
- A: You may add family members in the three following locations:
1) You may add a family member while submitting your head of household account information, by clicking on the Submit and Add Family Member link.
2) You may add a family member under My Account, this is done by clicking the link Change Information About Family Members.
3) You may also add family member during the enrollment process. This is done by clicking on the link Add Family Member which is located beside the Participant box.
- Q: Can I add a friend or relative to my account?
- A: Yes. When adding family members to your account, select the friend or relative option in the box labeled Role in Family in the personal information section.
- Q: How can I remove a family member/friend/relative from my account?
- A: Contact Customer Support at (415) 831-6800 to have staff remove someone from your account.
- Q: What is the difference between the wish list, waitlists, and more buttons?
- A: Wish list | You can add activities that aren't available for online registration to your account. Once registration starts, you can return to the wish list and enroll in your wish list activity.
To add an activity to your wish list:
Log into your account
Click Register for Activities
In the activity search page, search for the activity
Click on the activity under the Name column
Click Add to Wish List
To add more activities to your wish list, click Add Activity to return to the activity search page.
Waitlist | Courses that are full offer a waitlist option if a space becomes available. You will receive a confirmation email if you have successfully been added to the waitlist. We will contact you in the event that a space opens up. Our staff will generally try to reach you by phone first and sometimes follow up with an email. At that time, you can decide whether to register or decline the spot.
Courses that are similar are grouped into this button. For example, clicking More will take you to a page with similar activities that have possibly different times and dates.
- Q: Can I view Activities without registering?
- A: You can always browse through the Activities without registering. Click View Activities button and look at all the Activities that are offered.
- Q: How do I register for an Activity?
- A: Once your account has been established, registration for Activities is easy:
1) Click the View Activities button on the registration home page.
2) Select the Activity that you would like to enroll into. Clicking the underlined name will show you a detailed Activity description.
3) Click the Add to My Cart button if you wish to register for the Activity.
4) Next, sign in to your online registration account by entering your Login Name information and Password. Proceed to checkout by clicking the Continue button. From this screen you may remove Activities from your cart or view more Activities and add them to your cart.
*Please Note: If more than one family member will be attending the Activity, click on the button labeled, Add Another One (located under the Shopping Cart screen).
5) Confirm your Activity name, date and time, enrollee and price.
6) Click Continue to proceed with payment. You will be prompted that you are entering a secure site. Enter your credit card information on the Payment Information Page and agree to any required waiver(s) and confirm the payer meets the age requirement of "13 Years or Older". Click Continue. This system accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
*Please Note: The name and address must match those that are on file with your credit company. If the address shown is not your credit card billing address, click on the My Account button and change your residential address to match your credit card billing address.
7) Once your payment has been approved, your receipt will display. Please print a copy of your receipt for your records.
- Q: Can I register for any program/course via ActiveNet?
- A: You may register for select programs via ActiveNet. However, some programs must still be registered in person.
- Q: How do I register a family member who does not meet the age requirements or a program/course prerequisite?
- A: The system will not allow the registration of a person who does not meet the required age or program prerequisites (if any) at the start of the program. If you feel that an age currently recorded on your account is inaccurate, please contact Customer Support at (415) 831-6800 during regular business hours.
- Q: How do I register multiple participants for the same activity?
- A: 1. Select the name of the person to register for the activity
2. Click Next
3. On the Select Fees screen, click Register Another Participant for this Activity below the Proceed to Shopping Cart button
Use this process to register as many participants as needed.
- Q: What will happen if I try to register for an Activity that is full?
- A: Your name will be placed on a waiting list. You will be contacted in the event that a space opens for that Activity or additional Activities are added. If we are unable to contact you, your space will be given to the next customer on the waiting list.
If you do not want to be placed on the waiting list, click the Remove button that appears on the Shopping Cart screen.
*Please Note: Placement on a waiting list does not guarantee a spot in the Activity. It is recommended for guaranteed participation that you please choose another Activity with registration space.
- Q: What are incomplete entries and how do I fix them?
- A: An incomplete entry in your shopping cart can mean different things. You may have selected a course where you did not meet a certain requirement: age, skill, pre-requisite, etc.
You can fix an incomplete entry in two ways:
1. The specific reason your entry is incomplete is always provided on the screen where you select the participant. Click Edit to start the enrollment again; this will take you back to the select participant page where specific error messages are listed.
2. Click Remove to the left of the error message and start over. The specific error will be listed on the page where you select the participant.
- Q: How do I know when I have successfully registered for a program, class, or activity?
- A: You have successfully registered for a program, class, or activity when:
1. You see a message stating that your order or registration was completed successfully
2. You receive a confirmation email from San Francisco Recreation & Parks
- Q: How can I view a schedule of my family's upcoming scheduled Activities?
- A: The My Account feature allows you to view a weekly schedule of your family's upcoming Activities.
Sign into your account and click on the My Account link. Then click on the Show Your Daily Schedule link. Highlight the family members whose schedules you would like to view and click on the top arrow button and move each family member over to the Selected Family Members column. Click on Search to proceed. A weekly schedule will display all of the activities your family members have been enrolled in and allow you to click on the activity for more information.
- Q: Does Recreation and Parks offer any financial support for families to offset program costs?
- A: The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department offers assistance to eligible San Francisco residents through its Recreation Scholarship Fund. In order to qualify, the total household income must be below 200% of current Federal Poverty rates. To find out if you are eligible and to apply for a scholarship for your registration, please call (415) 831-2717 or come to McLaren Lodge Annex, 501 Stanyan Street (parking lot is on Stanyan between Hayes and Fell), from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST, excluding holidays. You may also apply for a scholarship at any recreation center. Please bring a photo ID, proof of residency such as a utility bill and proof of enrollment in any government subsidy program. Other documentation may be acceptable. Please call for more information. Scholarship participants need to renew their income eligibility and apply to participate in our scholarship program each year. Attendance is mandatory to retain scholarship. Failure to attend the first class without prior approval may result in a withdrawal and loss of fees paid.
- Q: Can I pay for part of the program now and part of the program later?
- A: You will be required to pay in full your entire program/course fee(s) at the time of registration. Posted fees are subject to change any time before the program registration opens.
- Q: What methods of payment are accepted?
- A: Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card
- Q: What if I don't have or want to use a credit card?
- A: San Francisco Recreation & Parks web-based registration requires the use of a major credit card (we currently accept VISA, MasterCard, and DiscoverCard only). Cash or Check is accepted for in person/walk-in registration at McLaren Lodge Annex, 501 Stanyan St. @ Fell St. (parking lot is on Stanyan between Hayes and Fell) during regular business hours.
- Q: Can I view my transaction history and print out my past receipts?
- A: You can view your transaction history and print your receipts once your Customer Account with login credentials has been established. To access this information, please click on the My Account link (located at the top right-hand corner of your screen).
To view prior transactions, you may click on the Get a List of Prior Transactions link.
To view past receipts, you may click on the Get a List of Prior Payments link (click on the receipt number to view and print each individual receipt).
- Q: Can I transfer to another course if a conflict arises or how do I withdraw from a course?
- A: To transfer to or withdraw from a course, please contact Customer Support at (415) 831-6800 during regular business hours. All withdrawal/transfer fees will apply.
- Q: What are the withdrawal and transfer policies?
- A: PROGRAM WITHDRAWAL / TRANSFER POLICY:
To withdraw from a course or to transfer from one course to another, the fee will be $12 or 20% of the course fee, whichever is greater. The client must withdraw/transfer from the course at least one week prior to the course start date in order to receive a credit, minus the withdrawal fee. No credits will be issued if the client withdraws/transfers after this deadline.
ACCOUNT CREDITS/REFUND POLICY:
The refund processing fee will be $12 for all payments requested from account balance credits. It may take 4 to 6 weeks for the processing of a refund check.
- Q: How do I request a refund?
- A: Contact Customer Support at (415) 831-6800 for course transfers, withdrawals and refunds during regular business hours. Please read and understand the withdrawal and refund policy prior to registering for any programs.
- Q: Which browsers and operating systems are supported?
- A: The registration and reservation online system works best on the following.
-Internet Explorer: version 10 or 11
-Google Chrome: latest version
-Apple Safari: On iOS devices
-Microsoft Windows: Windows 7, 8, and 8.1
-Apple iOS: Operating system 8.1 (registration module only)
*You can use other browsers and operating systems but you may run into issues.
- Q: The registration system is timing out or logging me off unexpectedly. What should I do?
- A: The registration system may be over-burdened by a sudden influx of users, or it may be having trouble with your browser. This issue will usually correct itself with the following steps:
1. Clear your internet browser cache and cookies
2. Reload the page and try repeating the task