Answers to FAQs For Online Registration Customers
- Q: How do I apply my SUMMER10 coupon code?
- A: Enter the code Summer10 individually after each applicable item is added to your shopping cart, and the participant has been selected. There is no coupon redemption at the end of your transaction.
Click here for a tutorial if you are having issues: http://www.redwoodcity.org/parks/online_reg/coupon_code.html
- Q: How do I create my Customer Account?
- A: Before registering for any activities on our website, you must establish a Customer Account with a Login Name and Password.
This is how you create an online registration account:
1) Click on "Create An Account."
2) Fill out the form for New Account Request completely, including all required fields,(Birth date, Gender, Email Address, etc.) and click submit. Please submit your request only once.
*Please Note: If you are registering a child for an activity, please use your own information when filling out the online registration account request form, NOT the information of the child you wish to register for an activity. You have the option to add a family member at this point, or you can add them from the Activity you have selected be clicking CREATE FAMILY MEMBER.
- Q: How many accounts should each family have?
- A: We recommend that each family establish a primary account with login credentials. Create the account in the name of a head of household and then add all family member names underneath the head of household after it has been established (see next question).
- Q: I'm getting a message that my account is not yet activated. What do I do?
- A: New accounts are confirmed immediately. If you entered your email address incorrectly, you will not be able to log in. We will do our best to correct obvious email entry mistakes, but cannot guarantee we will catch them all. If you are still having problems, please contact 650.780.7311 during regular business hours.
- Q: How do I add family members to my account?
- A: You may add family members in the three following locations:
1) You had the option when you registered for your account. If you did not do this, see step 2.
2) You may add a family member under MY ACCOUNT, this is done by clicking the link CHANGE INFORMATION ABOUT FAMILY MEMBERS.
3) You may also add family members during the enrollment process. This is done by clicking on the link ADD FAMILY MEMBER which is located beside the Participant box.
- Q: What should I do if I forget my password?
- A: When you are prompted to sign in, check the "FORGET YOUR PASSWORD?" link and click Continue. You will be requested to provide the email address you used to create your account. Upon submission, an email will be sent to you containing a temporary password. Upon signing in, you will be prompted to change your password.
If after completing this procedure you are still experiencing difficulties, please contact our office during regular business hours and a member of our staff will assist you.
*Please DO NOT create another Customer Account.
- Q: What should I do if I forget my login?
- A: Your login is the email address you used to register for the account. Try it. You have 10 tries before you get blocked out.
- Q: Can I view Activities without registering?
- A: YES! You can always browse through the Activities without registering. Click the "View Activities" button and look at all the Activities that are offered.
- Q: How do I register for an Activity?
- A: Once your account has been established, registration for Activities is easy:
1) Click the View Activities button on the registration home page.
2) Select the Activity that you would like to enroll into. Clicking the underlined name will show you a detailed Activity description.
3) Click the Add to My Cart button if you wish to register for the Activity.
4) Next, sign in to your online registration account by entering your Login Name information and Password. Proceed to checkout by clicking the Continue button. From this screen you may remove Activities from your cart or view more Activities and add them to your cart.
*Please Note: If more than one family member will be attending the Activity, click on the button labeled, Add Another One (located under the Shopping Cart screen).
5) Confirm your Activity name, date and time, enrollee and price.
6) Click Continue to proceed with payment. You will be prompted that you are entering a secure site. Enter your credit card information on the Payment Information Page and agree to any required waiver(s) and confirm the payer meets the age requirement of "13 Years or Older". Click Continue. This system accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
*Please Note: The name and address must match those that are on file with your credit company. If the address shown is not your credit card billing address, contact the Recreation Department at 650.780.7311 .
7) Once your payment has been approved, your receipt will display. Please print a copy of your receipt for your records.
- Q: What will happen if I try to register for an Activity that is full?
- A: Waiting lists will be established if a program is full. If a space becomes available or additional activities are added, we will contact you. You will not be charged for the class unless you are enrolled. If we are unable to contact you, your space will be given to the next customer on the waiting list.
If you do not want to be placed on the waiting list, click the Remove button that appears on the Shopping Cart screen.
*Please Note: Placement on a waiting list does not guarantee a spot in the Activity. Do not show up for the class unless we have contacted you. Registration and payment must be confirmed to guarantee participation, if not, please choose another Activity with registration space.
- Q: What is an Admin Fee and is this an additional online charge?
- A: NO! We have always had administrative fees as part of our fee structure. In our old system, the fee was bundled so the customer only saw one class fee. In this system anything that we itemize into a different account is shown to the customer. THIS IS NOT AN EXTRA CHARGE.*
*Note, we do have a new online convenience fee, see next item.
- Q: What is a Processing Fee?
- A: A Processing Fee is a $2 convenience fee associated with online transactions only. This fee is collected by the Active Network to offset the costs of providing the service, and is not collected by the City of Redwood City. THIS FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Q: What is your Refund / Credit policy? (Summer Camp & Aquatics refund policy is different- see next item)
- A: - If a class is cancelled by the department, a full refund will be issued (LESS THE $2 ONLINE PROCESSING FEE if registered online).
- CLASS Cancellations made 1 week prior to the class start date will receive a refund less a $5 cancellation fee.(LESS THE $2 ONLINE PROCESSING FEE if registered online)
- Single day workshops are non-refundable 7 days prior to class.
- Students who wish to withdraw from a class less than one week prior to the start date will receive a department credit which may be applied to any future recreation department activity, less the $5 cancellation fee and/or the $2 online processing fee if registered online. SINGLE DAY WORKSHOPS CANNOT BE REFUNDED AT THIS TIME.
- A $5 per class cancellation fee will be charged for processing refunds for all classes.
There is NO REFUND for the $2.00 processing fee charged by ActiveNet when you register online. This fee is collected by the Active Network to offset the costs of providing the service, and is not collected by the City of Redwood City.
- In general, no refunds or credits will be issued after the class begins.
- Students who are dissatisfied with a program for any reason must fill out a program evaluation prior to receiving a credit so we can make the class better in the future. Credits and refunds will be evaluated on a case by case basis by the program supervisor.
- Q: What is the SUMMER CAMP & AQUATICS refund Policy?
- A: ALWAYS
- CANCELLATIONS BY DEPARTMENT: If a camp or swim lesson is cancelled by the department, a full refund will be issued.
- TRANSFERS: There is no charge to transfer your child between camps and swim lessons provided there is space available.
- NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS WILL BE ISSUED AFTER THE CAMP BEGINS. However, your satisfaction matters most to us and refunds or credits will be considered. Participants who are dissatisfied with a program for any reason must fill out a program evaluation prior to receiving a refund or credit so we can make the class better in the future. Credits and refunds will be evaluated on a case by case basis by the program supervisor.
- MATERIALS FEES are non-refundable.
Up until May 30, 2014
- Cancellations: Camps and swim lessons cancelled by May 31 will receive a refund less a $5 cancellation fee per activity and/or the $2 online processing fee if registered online.
After May 30, 2014
- Cancellations: Up until 2 weeks before the start date of each camp or swim lesson, you may cancel and receive a refund less $15 per swim lesson and $25 per camp and/or the $2 online processing fee if registered online. Cancellations made within the two week window will receive a department credit (less $15 per swim lesson and $25 per camp and/or the $2 online processing fee if registered online.) which may be applied to any future recreation department activity.
- Q: How do I get a Refund?
- A: All refunds & credits must be processed by recreation staff. You may call 650.780.7311 or 650.780.7323 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the process.
- Q: What if I have a Department Credit?
- A: You can access your department credits online, however, any credits issued prior to Winter/Spring 2014, will not be reflected on this website. To use an older department credit, you will need to register in person, or call 650.780.7311 for assistance.
- Q: What is your Federal Tax I.D. number
- A: It is printed on your receipt, but here it is again for your convenience! #94-6001116
- Q: How can I view a schedule of my family's upcoming scheduled Activities?
- A: The My Account feature allows you to view a weekly schedule of your family's upcoming Activities.
Sign into your account and click on the My Account link. Then click on the Show Your Daily Schedule link. Highlight the family members whose schedules you would like to view and click on the top arrow button and move each family member over to the Selected Family Members column. Then move the activity type you would like to view over to the Selected Schedule Details column. Click on VIEW SCHEDULE to proceed. A weekly schedule will display all of the activities your family members have been enrolled in and allow you to click on the activity for more information.
- Q: Can I view my transaction history and print out my past receipts?
- A: YES! You can view your transaction history and print your receipts once your Customer Account with login credentials has been established. To access this information, please click on the My Account link (located at the top right-hand corner of your screen).
To view prior transactions, you may click on the Get a List of Prior Transactions link.
To view past receipts, you may click on the Get a List of Prior Payments link (click on the receipt number to view and print each individual receipt).
*NOTE. ANYTHING PRIOR TO WINTER/SPRING 2014 IS LOCATED IN OUR OTHER SYSTEM. You may log in from redwoodcity.org/parks and click on ONLINE REGISTRATION to access the link.
- Q: If information online is different from what's written in our Activity Guide which is correct?
- A: Good question! We're only Human. With so much planning, sometimes we make mistakes. Occasionally, locations change, number of classes change, and of course we have typos. Please read your receipts carefully, we will correct any changes in locations, times, dates, and fees here, as well as alert you of any additional items you may need for your activities. We hopefully have made the corrections to the online site, however, we won't know unless you alert us!