Answers to FAQs For Online Registration Customers
- Q: My Account: How do I create my Customer Account?
- A: Before registering for any activity or making a facility reservation, you must establish a Customer Account with a Login Name and Password.
To create an online account:
1) Click on the Request Account button.
2) Fill out the form for New Account Request completely, including all required fields(indicated with an asteric) and click submit. Please submit your request only once.
*Please Note: If you are registering a child for an activity, please use your own information when filling out the online registration account request form, NOT the information of the child you wish to register for an activity. Once you have an online registration account, you will have the opportunity to add family members.
3) You will automatically receive an email after submitting your request for an account. Your account will be activated only after you have responded by clicking on the link provided in the email.
- Q: My Account: I received the following error message: "The street address below does not match our records. If correct, please choose 'Leave address as entered'. Otherwise select correct information from the Alternatives list or correct address manually."
- A: We now have the ability to verify Chandler residency status through an address file. Non-residents and those residing in a county island are welcome to create an account and utilize our programs and services. The error message is basically stating that your address is not identifiable as a Chandler address.
If you are a non-resident, choose "Leave address as entered" and continue the account set-up process.
If you are a Chandler Resident, you may need to remove punctuation from your address line, check the street spelling, or check the abbreviation for RD, PL, ST, BL, CT. If that does not correct the issue please contact our staff and we will be happy to assist you. You may also verify your address online at www.chandleraz.gov/infomap (if your address is in an area with cross-hatch markings this is considered a county island and you will be assessed the non-resident rates).
- Q: My Account: I received the following error: Login name 'email address' is being used by another account. Please specify a unique email address to be used as login name.
- A: If you participated in our Mock System Test on October 4, are a current pass/membership holder at the Tumbleweed Recreation Center or an Aquatic Punch Pass holder, have a Goodwill Scholarship, or have made a reservation after November 1 we have already entered your contact information accounts in our LIVE database. To access your account, please access the home page and click on ?My Account?. Enter your email address and click on ?forgotten?, a temporary password will be emailed to you. You may also call 480-782-3463 to obtain your account information.
Please DO NOT create another customer account.
- Q: My Account: How do I add family members to my account?
- A: You may add family members in the three locations:
1) You may add a family member while submitting your head of household account information, by clicking on the Submit and Add Family Member link.
2) You may add a family member under My Account. This is done by clicking the link Change Information About Family Members.
3) You may also add family member during the enrollment process. This is done by clicking on the link Add Family Member which is located beside the Participant box.
- Q: My Account: How many accounts should each family have?
- A: We recommend that each family (household) establish a primary account with login credentials. Create the account in the name of a head of household and then add all family member names underneath the head of household after it has been established.
- Q: My Account: I forgot my password?
- A: You may now recover your password electronically. From the home page click on My Account. Under Already have an Account search for Password and click "Forgotten." You will be requested to provide the email address you used to create your account then click done.
Upon submission, an email will be sent to you containing a temporary password. Upon signing in, you will be prompted to change your password.
If after completing this procedure you are still experiencing difficulties, please contact our office during regular business hours and a member of our staff will assist you.
*Please DO NOT create another Customer Account.
- Q: My Account: What if I forgot my login name?
- A: ActiveNet uses your email address as your login name. It will always be the email you registered or established your account with.
- Q: My Account: How do I enter Date of Birth?
- A: For adults you may either enter your date of birth or select Age Category. However, to register for an activity or to purchase a membership package with a specific age requirement an adult participant will need to have date of birth completed and not an age category selected.
For all customers under the age of 18 yrs of age a date of birth MUST be entered.
- Q: My Account: Why can't I change my address?
- A: This function has been disabled online because of our resident verification requirements.
Our new registration system (ActiveNet) uses Chandler street address ranges to verify residency. Individuals can verify their residency by visiting chandleraz.gov/infomap. Customers living outside the Corporate Limits of the City of Chandler are no longer eligible to receive resident rates. If customers are charged a non-resident fee while completing their registration, staff will be happy to re-verify their address. However, if staff is unable to verify through our resources customers will be asked to provide one of more of the following documents to verify residency:
1.Most recent year property tax bill
2.Business license and check imprinted with a Chandler address
3. City of Chandler water and trash collection bill - no more than 30 days old (stand alone water bill not accepted).
Individuals providing fraudulent information to obtain services or to secure a resident identification card will be dropped from the activity with no refund.
- Q: My Account: Why can't I change the birthdate of myself or family members?
- A: This function has been disabled online to prevent customers from changing the birthdates of family members. If you have entered the wrong birthday, please do not add the individual again. Please call any recreation or aquatic center and a customer service representative will be happy to correct the birthday for you.
- Q: My Account: Can I view my transaction history and print out my past receipts?
- A: You can view your transaction history and print your receipts once your Customer Account with login credentials has been established. To access this information, please click on the My Account link (located at the top right-hand corner of your screen).
To view prior transactions, you may click on the Get a List of Prior Transactions link.
To view past receipts, you may click on the Get a List of Prior Payments link (click on the receipt number to view and print each individual receipt).
- Q: Activities: How do I register for an Activity?
- A: Once your account has been established, registration for Activities is easy:
1) Click the View Activities button on the registration home page.
2) Select the Activity that you would like to enroll into. Clicking the underlined name will show you a detailed Activity description.
3) Click the Add to My Cart button if you wish to register for the Activity.
*If the Add to My Cart button is not available then registration has not yet begun - click "Add to Wish List" to save the activity.
4) Next, sign in to your online registration account by entering your Login Name information and Password. Proceed to checkout by clicking the Continue button. From this screen you may remove Activities from your cart or view more Activities and add them to your cart.
*Please Note: If more than one family member will be attending the Activity, click on the button labeled, Add Another One (located under the Shopping Cart screen).
5) Confirm your Activity name, date and time, enrollee and price.
6) Click Continue to proceed with payment. You will be prompted that you are entering a secure site. Enter your credit card information on the Payment Information Page and agree to any required waiver(s) and confirm the payer meets the age requirement of "13 Years or Older". Click Continue. This system accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
*Please Note: The name and address must match those that are on file with your credit company. If the address shown is not your credit card billing address, click on the My Account button and change your residential address to match your credit card billing address.
7) Once your payment has been approved, your receipt will display. Please print a copy of your receipt for your records.
- Q: Activities: How do I register multiple children at once?
- A: Simply register one participant then, after completing the fees step, click ?Register Another Participant for this Activity? link provided at the bottom of the page. You will be returned to this step for the next participant. You can use this process to register as many participants as necessary.
- Q: Activities: What is the Wish List?
- A: The wish list is an added benefit to our new software program. Search for an activity and in the activity detail screen click on "Add to Wish List." You can search for activities you would like to register for prior to the registration date and then once registration opens click on "Wish List" in the upper right hand corner of the screen to quickly "Enroll" for each activity in your list. You can also choose to search your wish list by clicking the box next to only show activities open for enrollment now.
This is a great feature to help prepare for registration day for classes or activities that fill quickly or to help facilitate your online registration for more than one child/participant.
- Q: Activities: Does the participant require a reasonable modification/accommodation to participate in this program or activity as provided under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)?
- A: If "Y" is checked, a City staff member will be in contact to discuss the participant's specific needs.
If you have any questions in this regard for recreation classes, please contact 480-782-2709. For aquatic classes, please contact 480-782-2750.
- Q: Activities: I am having difficulty searching for activities such as swimming or dance.
- A: We recommend you use the Advanced Search option and click on the box "include in course description". This search will include the text to describe the activity.
You may also filter by Location, Activity Category and/or Age Category. This may help filter your search even more.
In addition, visit the online Break Time brochure at www.chandleraz.gov/breaktime to view the print publication of activities to help with searching specific class dates and time.
- Q: Activities: How do I search for a new activity - my old search criteria keeps showing up.
- A: Use the "X" in the search bar to delete your search criteria and then click on the search button. Use the filter search by: column on the left hand side of your screen to select where, when and what. Use the sort by: drop down on the upper right hand of the screen to sort by name, location, scheduling details, enrolled, openings or age.
- Q: Activities: Can I view Activities without registering?
- A: You can always browse through the Activities without registering. Click View Activities button and look at all the Activities that are offered.
- Q: Activities: Can I cancel, transfer or refund an activity online?
- A: You may Withdraw/Transfer from an activity 3 days prior to the start of the activity (unless noted in the activity details). Go to My Account > Account Activity > List Prior Transactions. The "Withdraw/Transfer" button will appear for eligible classes.
Completing a Withdraw (cancellation) online provides you an option to refund back to the original method of payment (credit card) or to place a credit on your account.
AQUATICS: If you wish to cancel your Aquatics program enrollment, you must notify the Aquatics office at 480-782-2753 or 480-782-2756 at least three (3) days PRIOR to the program/session start date for a full refund. Less than three days advance notice will result in a 50% class refund. At the start date of the program/session, no refund is issued. This refund policy does not apply to Aquatic Certification Courses.
RECREATION: If you wish to cancel your program enrollment, you must notify the Recreation staff at 480-782-2727, 480-782-2640, or 480-782-2900 at least 48 hours PRIOR to the class start date for a full refund. Less than 48 hours notice will result in 50% refund. Refunds are not available after 50 percent of the course/class session is complete. Supply fee refunds will be pro-rated based on attendance, unless otherwise stated on the registration receipt.
- Q: Activities: What will happen if I try to register for an Activity that is full?
- A: The participant will be placed on a Waiting List. If an opening becomes available participants will be contacted in the order they appear on the Wait List.
If you do not want to be placed on the Waiting List, click the Remove button that appears on the Shopping Cart screen.
*Please Note: Placement on a waiting list does not guarantee a spot in the Activity.
- Q: Activities: How can I view a schedule of my family's upcoming scheduled Activities?
- A: Click on My Account > under Account Activities click on Show Your Daily Schedules. You can choose to search by week or month, then add the family members you would like to view schedules for, then add the details: activities, flex reg (camps), memberships, private lessons (currently only used for personal training), or rentals. Click on Search to proceed. A weekly schedule will display all of the activities your family members have been enrolled in and allow you to click on the activity for more information.
- Q: Reservations: What do the red check marks indicate on facility reservation/availability?
- A: The red check mark indicates the facility is not available.
You may use the "View Facilities" on the reservation home page to view bookings currently made for each facility before selecting the facility to reserve.
- Q: Reservations: How do I select the right amount of time for my reservation?
- A: The availability for a facility is available in 30 minute increments. If you would like to make a 2 hour reservation you would need to select 4 boxes of time. For example, a reservation from 8 a.m to 10 a.m. you would need to place a red X below 8 a.m., 8:30 a.m., 9 a.m. & 9:30 a.m. In this example you DO NOT need to select 10 a.m. - making that selection would increase your reservation end time to 10:30 a.m. a total of 2.5 hours.
- Q: Reservations: How do I book a pavilion large enough for my group?
- A: The City of Chandler has a variety of picnic pavilions in numerous parks throughout the community that can be rented for family activities and special events. The pavilions can accommodate small groups or gatherings of as many as 320 people. The maximum attendance for each pavilion may vary. Please visit http://www.chandleraz.gov/default.aspx?pageid=667 for capacity of each pavilion before making your selection. This will assistance you in narrowing down your selection to view availability.
- Q: Reservations: Why does the drop down search "Location" not show the ballfield location I am searching for?
- A: The following ball fields are associated with the "location" Athletic Fields: Andersen, Arrowhead, Bogle, Boys and Girls Club, Desert Breeze, Espee, and Folley. Use the location drop down "Athletic Fields" to search for availability on these fields.