Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to FAQs For Online Registration Customers
- Q: What are the hours of operation for registration?
- A: The Municipal Offices at 7700 Mission Road are open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Online registration is available 24/7.
- Q: Where do I go to get a membership, register for a program, or reserve a facility?
- A: You can apply online or come to the City Clerk's Office at 7700 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208.
- Q: Can I use my pool ID from previous years?
- A: Yes. If you had a membership since 2005 you will be able to use the same ID card. If you registered online, verify that the Pool Pass # on your receipt matches the # on your card. If you register at City Hall, please bring your ID card with you when you sign up.
- Q: Can I purchase a pool membership online?
- A: Yes.
- Q: Do I have to be a Prairie Village resident to reserve facilities?
- A: No. Both Prairie Village residents and non-residents may reserve park pavilions and the community center. The Park Pavilion fee for residents is $8.00 per hour and the fee for non-residents is $15.00 per hour. Large groups may reserve both sections of the Franklin or Harmon Park Pavilions. The fee for these reservations is $12.00 per hour for Prairie Village residents and $22.50 per hour for non-residents. The Community Center fee is $15.00 per hour on weekdays and $20.00 per hour on the weekend.
- Q: Does the City require proof of residency?
- A: Yes, you should bring a photo ID with your address on it. If you are new to the area, a utility bill with your name and address will be accepted as proof of residency.
- Q: When does the pool open and close for the season?
- A: The pool opens on Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. and closes on Monday, September 7, 2015 at 6:00 p.m.
Beginning Monday, August 10, the pool will begin a reduced hours schedule opening at 4:30 p.m. and closing at 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Normal hours on Saturday and Sunday.