Answers to FAQs For Online Registration Customers
- Q: What is ActiveMontgomery?
- A: ActiveMONTGOMERY is a new registration and facility reservation system which will allow customers to:
-Register online for activities, camps, memberships and lessons offered by Montgomery Parks and Montgomery County Recreation.
-Reserve a variety of public facilities (Limitations Apply)
-Pay online, with assurance that ActiveMONTGOMERY exceeds all applicable credit card industry security requirements.
ActiveMONTGOMERY can be used with a PC, tablet or other mobile device with internet access.
After creating an account, you can log in to ActiveMONTGOMERY with your email and password. One log in allows you to use your account for your family, for your organization, and as an instructor. If you are using ActiveMONTGOMERY on behalf of your organization, you do not need to create our organizational account. As you begin to conduct business with us, our customer service staff will link you to the appropriate organization.
- Q: Account - How do I create an account at ActiveMONTGOMERY?
- A: 1) From the ActiveMONTGOMERY.org homepage select "Create an Account"
2) Fill out the "create Account" form completely, including all required fields (Phone, Email address, Birth date, Gender, Email Address and Password) and click submit. Please submit your request only once. *Please note: If you are registering a child for an activity, please use your own information when filling out the online registration account request form, NOT the information of the child you wish to register for an activity. Once you have an online registration account, you will have the opportunity to add family members.
3) You will automatically receive an email after submitting your request for an account. Respond by clicking on the link provided in the email to activate your account.
4) Once your account has been established, registration for Activities is easy!
- Q: Account - What if I already have an online account with CUPF, Montgomery Parks or County Recreation? Should I use my current user or customer ID and Password?
- A: To take advantage of the many benefits of ActiveMONTGOMERY, you must create a new account in ActiveMONTGOMERY.org using your email as the customer ID or login.
- Q: Account - I received a message that my account already exists, but cannot log in. What should I do?
- A: Either your account was created as a courtesy to you by a staff member or you may have created an account already to register for activities.
If you get an error message that an account already exists, please use the ?forgot password? feature. Please DO NOT create another customer account. If the issue persists, please contact us at info@ActiveMONTGOMERY.org
- Q: Account - What should I do if I forget my password?
- A: When you are prompted to sign in, check the Forgot your Password box and click Continue. You will be requested to provide the email address you used to create your account. After providing your email address, you will be requested to verify your identity by providing your first and last name as well as your date of birth. Upon submission, an email will be sent to you containing a temporary password. Upon signing in, you will be prompted to change your password.
If after completing this procedure you are still experiencing difficulties, please contact our office during regular business hours and a member of our staff will assist you.
*Please DO NOT create another Customer Account.
- Q: Account - How many accounts should each family have?
- A: We recommend that each family establish one primary account with login credentials. Create the account in the name of a head of household and then add all family member names underneath the head of household after it has been established (see next question).
- Q: Account - How do I add family members to my account?
- A: You may add family members in the three following locations:
1) You may add a family member while submitting your head of household account information, by clicking on the Submit and Add Family Member link.
2) You may add a family member under My Account, this is done by clicking the link Change Information About Family Members.
3) You may also add family member during the enrollment process. This is done by clicking on the link Add Family Member which is located beside the Participant box.
- Q: Account - How do I correct or update my account information?
- A: 1) Select My Account
2) Review list under Account Setting
3) Select Change Account Address or Personal Information
4) Update/add your information
If you are not able to update a field, such as date of birth or resident/non-resident status, please email info@ActiveMONTGOMERY.org.
- Q: Account - Can I view my transaction history and print out my past receipts?
- A: You can view your transaction history and print your receipts once your Customer Account with login credentials has been established. To access this information, please click on the My Account link (located at the top right-hand corner of your screen).
To view prior transactions, you may click on the My Transactions link.
To view past receipts, you may click on the My Personal Accounts Payments link (click on the receipt number to view and print each individual receipt).
- Q: Account - When creating my account, why do I need to provide my date of birth?
- A: ActiveMONTGOMERY requires customers to provide a birth date when setting up an account for many of our programs and services that are age specific such as camps/activities for children or trips for seniors. Please note: We do not sell or release any personal information. We do use birth dates, gender, etc. to report statistical information to County Officials.
- Q: Account - I live in Montgomery County, but ActiveMONTGOMERY has charged me a non-resident fee. What should I do?
- A: In some cases, the system may identify your address as being outside of Montgomery County. If you feel that you have been charged the ?non-resident? fee and you are a resident of Montgomery County, please contact us at info@ActiveMONTGOMERY.org.
- Q: Registration - How do I register online for an Activity?
- A: Once your account has been established, registration for Activities is easy:
1) Click the View Activities button on the registration home page.
2) Search by using the filtering options located on the left side of the screen. You may also use the Keyword Search box to quickly locate an Activity by number, or partial title of the Activity Name.
3) Select the Activity that you would like to enroll into. Clicking the underlined name will show you a detailed Activity description. you can also click on the Quick View associated with each activity for an activity description.
4) Click the Add to My Cart button if you wish to register for the Activity.
5) Next, sign in to your online registration account by entering your Login Name information and Password. Select participant for activity and then Next. If you have forgotten to add a family member, you may do so at this point. See How do I add family members above. Continue by selecting proceed to shopping cart. From this screen you may remove Activities from your cart or view more Activities and add them to your cart. Proceed to shopping cart.
*Please Note: If more than one family member will be attending the Activity, click on the button labeled, Add Another One (located under the Shopping Cart screen).
6) Confirm your Activity name, date and time, enrollee and price.
7) Click Proceed to checkout to pay. You will be prompted that you are entering a secure site. Enter your credit card information on the Payment Information Page and agree to any required waiver(s) and confirm the payer meets the age requirement of "13 Years or Older". Click Continue. This system accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. At this point you may optionally save your credit card number for future use.
Once your payment has been approved, your receipt will display. Please print a copy of your receipt for your records.
- Q: Registration - Can I view Activities without registering?
- A: You can always browse through the Activities without registering. Click Activities button and look at all the Activities that are offered.
- Q: Registration - What will happen if I try to register for an Activity that is full?
- A: Your name will be placed on a waiting list. You will be contacted in the event that a space opens for that Activity or additional Activities are added. If we are unable to contact you, your space will be given to the next customer on the waiting list. When placed on a waitlist, you are not charged for the activity until such time as you are actually enrolled in the activity.
If you do not want to be placed on the waiting list, click the Remove button that appears on the Shopping Cart screen.
*Please Note: Placement on a waiting list does not guarantee a spot in the Activity. Should your choice be full, it is recommended that you choose an alternative activity.
- Q: Registration - How can I view a schedule of my family's upcoming scheduled Activities?
- A: The "My Account" feature allows you to view a schedule of your upcoming activities and rentals. Just login, click on the "My Account" button, an then click on "Show Your Daily Schedule". Select the account member(s) whose schedules you would like to view and click "Search". A schedule will display all of the scheduled activities and rentals associated with your account.
- Q: Registration - I have created my account in ActiveMONTGOMERY but am not able to register for activities.
- A: You can view activities at www.ActiveMONTGOMERY.org and can add any activity to your wishlist. Activities in your wishlist, can be moved into your cart for payment when registration for that activity opens.
- Q: Registration - How do I withdraw from an activity?
- A: Customers can withdraw from an activity online, or in person. Recreation and Parks now have a single refund policy and will provide a full refund online or in person up to five (fourteen days for camps) business days before an activity begins. View your List of Prior Transactions and click the Withdraw button associated with the Activity. This online option is not available within five business days of the Activity Start date, and may not be available for all Activities. Customers who withdraw with less than five business days before the program start date will pay a $25 ($50 for camps) withdrawal fee.
- Q: Registration - How do I transfer from one activity to another?
- A: Customers can transfer from an activity online, or in person up to five (fourteen days for camps) business days before an activity begins. View your List of Prior Transactions and click the transfer button associated with an Activity you have previously registered for. This online option is not available within five business days of the Activity Start date, and may not be available for all Activities.
- Q: Memberships - How do I enroll into and purchase a membership?
- A: 1) Click the Memberships button on the registration home page.
2) Search and select a membership that you would like to enroll into. Clicking the underlined name will show you a detailed Activity description.
3) Click the Add to My Cart button if you wish to register for the Membership.
4) Next, sign in to your online registration account by entering your Login Name information and Password. Proceed to checkout by clicking the Continue button. From this screen you may remove Memberships from your cart or view more Memberships and add them to your cart.
5) Confirm your Membership, enrollee and price.
6) Click Continue to proceed with payment. You will be prompted that you are entering a secure site. Enter your credit card information on the Payment Information Page and agree to any required waiver(s) and confirm the payer meets the age requirement of "13 Years or Older". Click Continue. This system accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Q: Memberships - Which facilities allow the use of memberships?
- A: Memberships are geared towards a specific facility type, such as a gym or an ice skating rink. Different types of memberships are offered with different expiration dates or a specific number of admissions. Please confirm the membership you are purchasing prior to payment.
- Q: Memberships - What do I do if I have a membership on their old account or an old card?
- A: Please be patient. We are in the process of carrying over to the membership information into ActiveMONTGOMERY.
- Q: Reservations - When and how can I begin to use ActiveMONTGOMERY for facility reservations?
- A: See the ?Facility Matrix 2015-2016? for detailed information. To view the Facility Matrix 2015-2016, click on the Reservations tab located at the top of the home page
- Q: Reservations - Do I need a credit card to use ActiveMONTGOMERY to submit requests online?
- A: Yes, a credit card is needed to pay for registrations or reservations through ActiveMONTGOMERY. ActiveMONTGOMERY accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discovery and American Express. You may save your credit card, which will expedite future reservations, applications and refunds.
*Please Note: The name and address must match those that are on file with your credit company. If the address shown is not your credit card billing address, click on the My Account button and change your residential address to match your credit card billing address.
ActiveNet is the payment collection agency representing Montgomery County. The merchant name on the credit card statement will be ActiveMONTGOMERY.
If you are not able to pay with a credit card online, but want to request a facility booked by CUPF, please visit montgomerycountymd.gov/cupf and complete the mail in form. The check should be made payable to ActiveMONTGOMERY and can be mailed to
Community Use of Public Facilities, 255 Rockville Pike, Suite 201, Rockville, MD 20850.
- Q: Reservations - How are reservations and reservation requests made?
- A: Use Request Reservations to submit reservation requests, which are submitted, reviewed and approved/denied. The process may take up to seven days to receive an approved permit. At the current time, only Library meeting rooms are available for reservation requests. Other Montgomery County buildings will be available for online requests as of November 15, 2015.
Use Quick Reserve to immediately reserve those facilities that do not require a great deal of information, such as indoor tennis courts, train station party rooms, Park Activity Buildings, picnic shelters, etc.
Use View Facility Details for information about all of our facilities. Facilities can be found by facility type, or location. Hours, phone numbers, availability (for most facilities) can be found here.
Use Reserve Facility Using Maps to immediately reserve Parks Regional/Recreational Picnic Shelters and (coming in 2016) Little Bennett Campground sites.
Some of our facilities are not available for either reservation or requests due to their complex booking requirements, therefore you would need to contact the facility directly.
- Q: Reservations - Can I view facility availability without submitting a request or making a reservation?
- A: Yes. Select the View Facility Details button, find locations meeting your criteria and view availability. If the location or facility you are interested in is not yet available on line, see the ?Facility Matrix 2015-2016?.
To view the Facility Matrix 2015-2016, click on the Reservations tab located at the top of the home page.
- Q: Reservations - How do I reserve a facility?
- A: After your account is established, select the Reservations tab on the top menu Bar.
Some facilities, such as Park activity buildings, tennis courts, and picnic shelters can be reserved immediately through the Quick Reserve or Reserve Facility Using Maps tabs and following the prompts. Other facilities where the request must be reviewed and confirmed prior to issuing a facility use permit may be requested using the Request Reservation tab. Review posted or linked information to become familiar with conditions of use and other policies and procedures. (See the ?Facility Matrix 2015-2016? for detailed information) To view the Facility Matrix 2015-2016, click on the Reservations tab located at the top of the home page
Follow the process below for requesting a facility:
1) Prior to submitting a reservation request we recommend viewing availability. To see what is available, select view facility details. In addition to viewing details about the facilities you can enter a date and begin searching for availability. Take note the available dates and times for each location.
2) After you identify your dates, link to the Reservation Request tab on the top menu bar or one of the available ?book? links where you were reviewing dates.
3) Start by selecting a location (ex. specific library) or facility type (ex. Meeting room) and following the prompts. A navigation link is on the bottom of the page if you need to return to a prior page.
4) When booking a library, regional center, county building or school, plan your beginning and ending times to include any set up or post activity time you need. Permitted groups must vacate the room or building no later than the time indicated in the permit.
For information on scheduling guidelines for all facilities see the see the ?Facility Matrix 2015-2016?. To view the Facility Matrix 2015-2016, click on the Reservations tab located at the top of the home page
*Please note: No new facilities requests can be approved if there is an outstanding balance on your account.
- Q: Reservations - Why do I need to select an 'Event Type' in 'Request Reservation'?
- A: Selecting the Event Type will result in a display of available facilities that support your activity. It will also facilitate in display of applicable conditions of use, waivers and specific questions used to modify the fees and determine what support services may be needed.
- Q: Reservations - When and how do I pay for my permits for facilities permitted by CUPF?
- A: Quick Reserve, including via Maps, are paid in full immediately, while other permits may only require an application fee or partial payment.
CUPF requires a minimal payment for online applications for the facilities it permits ($25 for most permits) that is applied to the completed permit. The estimated cost and payment due date generated by ActiveMONTGOMERY is an ESTIMATE ONLY and subject to change once the permit is reviewed. Discounts or additional costs (where applicable) may be added depending the organization type or activity.
The CUPF application fee is not refundable if a completed permit is cancelled by the user. If the permit cannot be approved, or the permit is cancelled by CUPF (ex. due to inclement weather), the fee will be credited back to you. Be sure to fully review the payment terms included in the application.
At the time of payment you will be prompted that you are entering a secure site. Click "Yes". Enter your credit card information on the Payment Information Page. As a convenience you may also save credit cards you want to use at a later date.
Once your payment has been approved, your receipt will display. Please print a copy of your receipt for your records.
- Q: Reservations - How will I get my completed permit?
- A: Quick Reserve, including via Map feature, produces a permit immediately, which you may print. Your permit is also listed in your List of Prior Transactions.
For other reservation requests, You will receive an email notification when your permit is approved. You may view the permit from the email or log into your account. Permits may also be viewed under List of Prior Transactions. Then click ?permit? under the Type column. When the Transaction Detail is displayed, click on the Permit Number. In cases of a tentative permit, please note that the permit is not valid until it has been approved and payment terms met.
If there is an outstanding personal balance, log into your account and use the Pay on Account link under Payment Details. Organizational receivables can be processed using the ?List Organization Account Balance? link.
- Q: Reservations - How do I change or modify a permit issued?
- A: To modify or cancel a request for Parks and Recreation facilities and for all general questions, please email info@ActiveMontgomery.org
To modify or cancel a request for Libraries and Government buildings, email CUPF at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: Reservations - What if I represent an organization?
- A: If you represent one or more organizations, each organization?s profile must be created in ActiveMONTGOMERY and linked to you as an authorized agent. At application time, you will need to select the organization for which the use request is submitted. If the organization name is not found, email info@ActiveMONTGOMERY.org.
- Q: Reservations - Can my organization be responsible for the payment?
- A: As the authorized representative, you are responsible for ensuring that the payment is made for any permit requests you submit. To facilitate tracking payments, use List Organization Account Balance to process payment.
Please note that no new reservation requests can be approved if there is an outstanding balance on your or the organization?s account. ActiveMONTGOMERY cannot process partial payments for permits that are past due (i.e. not on a payment plan)