Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to FAQs For Online Registration Customers
- Q: How do I contact the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board?
- A: Email email@example.com or call Customer Service at 612-230-6400 during office hours, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Q: When I try to login, I get a message that my account has not been validated. What do I do?
- A: A validation email was sent to you upon account creation. Look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on the second link within the email to activate your account.
- Q: Can I view activities without registering?
- A: Yes, you may browse activities without registering by clicking on "Activities" at the top of the screen. To view activity details, click on an activity name. You may also narrow down your search results by selecting location, activity category, age range, and other search options along the left side of the screen.
- Q: How many accounts should each family have?
- A: Each family should establish one account in the name of the head of household (any adult in the household/family that is primarily responsible for payment). Family members may then be added to that account. Click "My Account" and click on "Change Information about Family/Friends." You may add as many members to your account as necessary.
- Q: What do I do when I try to create an account, but I receive a message that an account already exists?
- A: Please DO NOT create another account. If you cannot login to your existing account, contact Customer Service at 612-230-6400, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, for assistance.
- Q: What if I don't receive my account activation email?
- A: The email may have been blocked by a spam or junk email filter. If you don't find the activation email in your spam or junk folder, please call Customer Service at 612-230-6400 during office hours, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Q: When I try to sign-in, I get the message that cookies must be enabled for me to continue. What does this mean?
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) will tell you how to configure your browser to accept new cookies.
- Q: What do I do if I forget my password?
- A: On the ActiveNet login screen, click the "Forgot Your Password" link, enter your email address, and click "Submit." A temporary password will be emailed to you. If you do not receive the email, please call Customer Service at 612-230-6400 during office hours, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Q: How do I change my password?
- A: Login to your account using your current login and password. Click "My Account," then click the "Change Your Password" link.
- Q: How do I change my login name?
- A: Please call Customer Service at 612-230-6400 during office hours, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday., as this cannot be done online.
- Q: How do I add family members to my account?
- A: Login to ActiveNet and click on "My Account." Click "Change Information About Family Members." On the next page you may enter new family member information.
- Q: How do I edit a family member's birthdate?
- A: Please call Customer Service at 612-230-6400, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., as this cannot be done online.
- Q: How can I view my transaction history and print my past receipts?
- A: Transaction history is available from the date your online account was created. Login to "My Account" and click on "list of prior transactions."
- Q: How can I view a schedule of my family's upcoming activities?
- A: Click on "My Account" and "View Daily Schedules." Choose either a weekly or monthly layout. Select the family members whose schedule you wish to view, and click the double arrow to move each family member to the right. Select the available schedule details you wish to view and click the double arrow to move them to the right. Click the "View Schedule" button. The schedule displays all of the activities in which your family has been enrolled, and allows you to click on the activity for more information.
- Q: What is recreation fee assistance?
- A: The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board Fee Assistance Program assists Minneapolis residents when financial limitations occur. Call 612-230-6400 or visit https://www.minneapolisparks.org/activities__events/recreation_fee_assistance/ for fee assistance guidelines and procedures.
- Q: What will happen if I try to register for an activity that is full?
- A: You will have the option of being placed on the waiting list. If a space opens for the activity, you will be contacted by park staff. If we are unable to reach you, your space will be given to the next customer on the waiting list. If you do not want to be placed on the waiting list, click "Remove."